Thursday, August 7, 2014

Food Diary: Roadtrip from PA to AL Part 1


I recently went on a road trip from Pennsylvania to Alabama.
We took our time and took 2 days; made stops at universities for my younger brother who will soon apply to many schools for his following four years.

Food diary series is really my photo diary of food (and some beautiful scenery) during our trip. Be warned before you scroll down to see some of amazing food we had during our trip!



Unfiled original images taken by my cellphone (Samsung Galaxy 4S)

Roadtrip snack bought at Wawa before we enter the highway:
Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry flavors jelly snack.
I didn't read the label carefully and though it was dark chocolate-covered blueberries;
it's dark chocolate-covered blueberry flavored jelly. I also bought pomegranate flavored one, but it tasted the same as the blueberry kind.


First stop near University of Virginia:
there isn't much of footage from UVA, but while we were there we visited a restaurant called The Virginian for lunch and had a great time.
Friendly service, servers, and great food!


crab cake burger; delicious!

fish-and-chips (their special menu that day)
great seasoning and crunchy outer texture!

Classic burger; juicy meat and fresh vegetables!

Second stop at Duke University:
we visited Duke's garden before visiting the school. Here are some #nofilter original shots I took from the garden and the university in the morning.

Garden entrance

It was a beautiful weather and I couldn't be happier visiting on a perfect day like this.

Pictures cannot do any justice to how beautiful the nature is. So many beautiful flowers and landscaping arts! Highly recommend anyone who plans to visit Duke University to also visit their garden. I believe it's also free parking early in the morning so try to go in the morning before a mass of people coming for exercise/tour!

A picture of Duke chapel.
It was on the cover of Duke guide that they sent me back when I was a junior in high school. It was nice to see it in person! There's construction going on around it, so you can see the barricade, but we were able to go through the back to see the chapel closer. Unfortunately there was wedding ceremony at the time of our visit, but I can only imagine how beautiful it would be from the architectural beauty, intricate designs, and beautiful stained glass windows. I didn't take any many photos as I wanted to, but we couldn't have picked a better day for a visit. Beautiful weather -only wished I wore comfortable shoes for so much walking we did that day.

After Duke visit, we drove to Seoul Garden in Raleigh, NC. There were closer Korean restaurants, but we decided to go here and had amazing experience. My picture of Soft-tofu soup (soon-doo-boo) looks terrible, but it's only because I couldn't wait and started eating before I snapped a photo. As a Korean, I highly recommend this restaurant. Amazing food! Perfectly seasoned dishes and great side dishes. Also for the first time ever, my mom was impressed with their soup broth! If we ever visit NC again, this restaurant will definitely be on the list again.

From then on, we took turns and safely arrived in Alabama. We had some amazing adventures for the 5 days we stayed there, exploring Georgia and visiting Panama City, Fl. 
Food diary from this road trip part 2 coming soon!

Have you ever visited any of the places that I visited or nearby? Where did you visit this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment